The Ultimate Fudge Brownie
I was in search for the longest time for the perfect brownie recipe, which led me to experiment with so many different recipes from the super easy to the very complicated… all in the hope of getting that classic crackly top with a super fudgy center. I’m so very happy to say THIS IS IT! This is the end of may years of research and testing cos I won’t ever need to try another brownie recipe again. Good news is, it’s very easy to make too. Enjoy and tag @whisknfold on FB/IG if you make it cos I’d love to see your photos!
(Makes one 7″ square brownie)
200g dark chocolate
115g unsalted butter
240g fine sugar
90g brown sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
60g plain flour
30g cocoa powder
- Grease and line a 7×7-inch baking tray with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350oF/180oC
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan with simmering water. Stir the melted chocolate and butter until smooth, remove from heat and let it cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and both sugars until creamy
- Add salt, vanilla essence, and the cooled chocolate and butter mixture.
- Finally, sift the flour and the cocoa powder into the bowl and stir the mixture until just combined
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake it in a preheated oven at 350oF/180oC for about 40 minutes, or until the center is no longer jiggly
- Remove from oven and let it cool for at 20 minutes
- Slice brownies and enjoy!