Coffee Butter Cookies
Wake up and smell the Coffee Butter Cookies! These melt-in-your-mouth piped cookies combine the robust aroma of coffee with the unmistakably buttery flavour of SCS butter, a match made in heaven in our opinion. Some say these cookies remind them of the famous ones from Jenny bakery in Hong Kong so do try them and let us know what you think!
The trick to getting these cookies retain their shape is not to over-cream the butter. Just beat the butter until it is soft, not pale and fluffy like when you’re making a butter cake. Also, bread flour will help contain the spread of the cookies when baking but if you don’t have it, all-purpose or plain flour will do.
(Makes 60 cookies)
225g SCS unsalted butter
80g icing sugar, sifted
180g bread flour, sifted
60g rice flour, sifted
2 teaspoons of coffee emulco
- In a mixer on low speed, beat butter until soft.
- Add in icing sugar and mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in bread flour, rice flour and coffee emulco until batter is smooth and even.
- Transfer batter to a piping bag with a closed star tip (Wilton 1M) and pipe onto a parchment-lined tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 °C/340 °F for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven, cool and serve or store in an air-tight container.