Christmas Wreath Pavlova
Count down to Christmas with our festive Christmas Wreath Pavlova! It’s the perfect centrepiece at any Christmas party and the perfect way to end your Christmas feast on a fresh, sweet, and light note! This gluten-free dessert features a crisp, airy meringue shell that’s topped with luscious fresh cream and juicy berries, figs and kiwi. Whip one up to share this weekend and just remember not to shout, pout, or cry when it’s all gone! Have a berry merry Christmas!
Tip: Pavlovas are best eaten right after they are assembled so put it together just before serving!
4 egg whites, room temperature
½ cup (120g) caster sugar
1 teaspoon vinegar
½ cup (120g) icing sugar
1 tablespoon cornflour
200ml whipping cream
- In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg whites until bubbly then gradually add in caster sugar and beat until a medium-stiff meringue is formed
- Stir in vinegar at low speed, then fold in cornflour and icing sugar by hand
- Spoon meringue onto a tray lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 120oC or until pavlova is crisp and dry on the surface
- Turn off the oven but leave the pavlova in the oven to continue drying out and cooling down
- When meringue has cooled down completely, whip cream until stiff peaks form
- Spread cream on top of the meringue ring and decorate with fresh fruits and mint leaves
- Serve immediately after assembling and enjoy!