Thai Milk Tea Soy Pudding
If you love soy pudding (think 老伴豆花 “lao ban tau huay”) and the flavours of Thai milk tea, then this Thai Milk Tea Soy Pudding is a match made in heaven for you. We infused Thai tea into our homemade soy pudding to create a light, refreshing and flavourful dessert that’s the perfect pick-me-up at any time of the day! The best part is, it’s vegetarian and dairy-free too!
(Makes 6 servings)
1.4 litres water
120g soybean powder (Polleney)
60g instant soy milk powder (Unisoy organic)
4 teabags of Thai tea
60g non-dairy creamer (Nestle Coffeemate)
26g instant jelly powder (Redman)
1. Combine water, soybean powder, soymilk powder and teabags in a saucepan over low heat.
2. Using a hand whisk, stir mixture continuously and scrape the bottom of the pot to make sure that nothing gets stuck on the bottom and sides of saucepan. Do NOT bring mixture to a boil.
3. Once everything is dissolved, stir in sugar and non-dairy creamer until a smooth consistency. Keep the mixture as hot as possible without boiling it.
4. Add in instant jelly powder and stir it in quickly to prevent coagulation. Once dissolved, remove saucepan from heat and sieve mixture into a large bowl.
5. Sieve mixture into serving bowls slowly to avoid forming any bubbles.
6. Set aside to cool to room temperature, then chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours or until pudding is set.
7. Serve and enjoy cold!