Nothing says ‘I love you’ more than making strawberry jelly hearts cheesecake from scratch. This cheesecake is not only pretty to look at, the combination of a crunchy biscuit base, creamy cheesecake center, fresh fruit and jelly is a match made in heaven. What’s even better is that you don’t need any fancy equipment to do it – all you need is a simple food processor and a fridge to easily recreate this!
Makes 10” square tray/25 squares
300g digestive biscuits, crushed
150g butter, melted
250g cream cheese, softened
50g icing sugar
60ml whipping cream
3 sheets gelatin
1 package strawberry Jell-O (17g)
- For the base, combine crushed digestive biscuits with melted butter until all the crumbs are coated with butter. Press the mixture down onto the bottom of a lined 10” square tray.
- For the cream cheese layer, soften gelatin sheets by placing them in ice-cold water for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat up the milk.
- Remove gelatin sheets and squeeze out any excess water. Add gelatin to hot milk and stir until all the gelatin has dissolved.
- In a food processor, combine cream cheese, icing sugar, whipping cream and milk with gelatin mixture and whizz until smooth. Then spread cheese mixture evenly onto the prepared base.
- Wash, dry and trim tops of strawberries. Halve them length-wise and cut a V at the top so they resemble hearts.
- Place 25 strawberries evenly spaced out on top and slightly push down each strawberry into the cheese mixture. Chill for 1 hour or until the cheese mixture is set.
- To prepare jelly layer, dissolve Jell-O powder in 500ml of boiling water. Stir until all the jelly crystals have dissolved. Then add in another 250ml of cold water. Let mixture cool down to room temperature.
- Remove cheesecake from fridge and spoon liquid jelly mixture all over the surface. Chill for 3-4 hours until jelly layer is set.
- Once set, cut into 25 squares and serve cold.