Soya Beancurd Tarts
Love soy milk and tarts? Why not combine the two into a refreshing chilled Soya Beancurd Tart! Made using NutriSoy’s Fresh Soya Milk with reduced sugar and high calcium, this delectable dessert has the right amount of goodness for you to indulge in this Lunar New Year! Plus it’s easy to make ahead of time so you can entertain your guests in style.
This recipe video is created in collaboration with The MeatMen cooking channel and NutriSoy.
(Makes 16 tarts)
180g unsalted butter, softened
90g icing sugar, sifted
1 large egg, beaten
300g plain flour
40g corn flour
1/2 tsp salt
360ml Nutrisoy Fresh Soya Milk
6 sheets of gelatin or 1 ½ teaspoon instant jelly powder
1. Cream butter and icing sugar until pale in colour
2. Beat egg in until well combined
3. Sift plain flour, corn flour and salt together, then stir in at slow speed until a
soft dough is formed
4. Cling-wrap dough and chill for 1 hour or until firm
5. Divide dough into 16 pieces, then press dough into tart shells and trim off
6. Use a fork to prick the base of the tart shell, then bake at 180ºC/350ºF for
15-20 minutes, until tart shells are golden brown.
7. Remove tart shells from oven and cool completely
8. To make beancurd filling, soak gelatin sheets in ice-water until soft
9. Heat up Nutrisoy Fresh Soya Milk in a pot over low heat, until it is hot but not
10. Squeeze out excess water from gelatin sheets, add to hot soya milk and stir to
11. Remove tart shells from baking moulds and fill them with soya milk mixture, then chill in the fridge until filling is firm.
12. Serve cold and enjoy