Savoury Breakfast Muffins
With a wonderful mix of bacon, spinach, sundried tomatoes and cheddar cheese, it’s no wonder these little muffins pack a whole lotta flavour in them. These savoury breakfast muffins are a great addition for a leisurely weekend brunch, or make them ahead of time and heat them up in the morning for a complete breakfast on the go. Good news for first-time bakers, this muffin recipe is so foolproof it’s really hard to fail. So go on, give it a go and let us know what you think!
100g strip bacon, chopped
100g baby spinach, washed
50g sundried tomatoes, chopped
100g cheddar cheese, shredded
120g salted butter, melted
1 large egg
180g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
- In a medium pan, fry bacon over medium heat until bacon is cooked.
- Remove bacon pieces from pan and add baby spinach into the pan with bacon oil to wilt the spinach slightly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, melted butter and egg together.
- Stir in bacon, wilted spinach, sundried tomatoes and cheese.
- Sift flour and baking powder together, then fold in sifted flour mixture.
- Portion batter into a greased muffin tin and bake in a preheated oven at 200oC/400oF for 15 minutes, or until tops of muffins are golden brown
- Remove from oven to cool slightly and serve warm.