Puppy Surprise Cookies
Usher in the Year of the Dog this Lunar New Year with these cute lil puppies. Each cookie hides a chocolate candy in the middle, making it a hit amongst the young ones. You could even make a game out of it by omitting the chocolate candy in some so that those who get the surprise in the middle will feel really lucky!
Happy baking and have a paws-perous Lunar New Year!
Tip: For best results, do not over-cream butter and icing sugar. Once it is soft, smooth and the powdered sugar has dissolved, it’s done.
(Makes 60 cookies)
250g unsalted butter, soft
100g icing sugar, sifted
360g plain flour, sifted
15g milk powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
60 pieces chocolate candy (e.g. M&Ms, Hershey’s Kisses)
Koko Krunch cereal
- Cream butter and icing sugar in a mixer until soft
- Stir in vanilla extract, milk powder and flour until a soft dough is formed
- Portion dough into 12g pieces. Flatten dough, place a piece of chocolate candy in the middle and roll each piece into a ball
- To form the face of the dog, use chocolate rice as eyes, a chocolate chip as nose and Koko Krunch cereal as ears
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160oC/320oF for 12 minutes
- Remove cookies from oven, allow to cool completely and store in an air-tight container