Who would have guessed that our favorite cookies and cream cheesecake would go so well in a mooncake?!? This traditional-looking snowskin mooncake hides an uncoventional mix of crunchy Oreo cookies and smooth cream cheese, it’s like a cheesecake in disguise! It’s so easy to make and such a crowd-pleaser, especially for the kids. Try it out this Mid Autumn Festival and share it with fellow Oreo and cheesecake lovers!
(Makes 8 x 2” round mooncakes)
200g Snowskin premix powder (icing sugar and kou fen)
80ml hot water
250g cream cheese, soft
50g Oreo biscuits, crushed
30g icing sugar, sifted
- Crush Oreo biscuits by rolling them in a Ziploc bag.
- Mix softened cream cheese and icing sugar together, then fold in crushed Oreo biscuits. Chill for about 1 hour.
- When Oreo mixture is firm enough to handle, divide into 40g portions and roll into a ball. Pop them into the freezer while you prepare the snowskin dough.
- To make snowskin dough, rub shortening into snowskin premix powder, then add hot water and knead until a smooth dough is formed
- Divide dough into 40g portions
- Dust each portion with some kou fen (fried glutinous rice flour) and roll out thinly
- Wrap the rolled out snow skin around the Oreo cheese filling, then seal the bottom edges by pinching dough together.
- Place into a mooncake mould lightly dusted with kou fen and press it in firmly
- Release the mooncake and chill until ready to serve