What’s better than fresh piping hot Churros? Nutella-filled churros of course! Imagine crunchy deep-fried churros filled with smooth chocolatey Nutella goodness. Let’s just say it’s gonna be hard to stop at one!
(Makes 10 x 3″ pieces)
30g unsalted butter
¼ teaspoon salt
120g plain flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Sift flour and baking powder into a heat-proof mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil.
- Once mixture starts to boil, remove from heat and pour into flour mixture
- Stir with a spatula until a smooth dough is formed. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare cinnamon sugar mixture by combining sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl
- When dough is cool enough to handle, place it into a cloth piping bag with a large open star tip.
- Fill a pot with oil till 2” height and heat up the oil for deep frying
- When oil is hot enough, pipe 10cm-long strips of dough into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Remove cooked churros from oil and place on kitchen towels to drain excess oil
- While they are still hot, roll the churros in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat
- Use a chopstick to make a hole in one end of the churros all the way to the other end.
- Fill a small piping bag with Nutella and pipe the Nutella in through both ends
- Serve warm and enjoy!