Microwave Chocolate Lava Cake
One of the comments I hear the most often is ‘I love your channel and watching your videos but… I don’t have an oven/I don’t know how to bake’ Well, this recipe is for those of you who a) have never made a cake before, b) want to bake but don’t have an oven, and c) need to whip something up in a jiffy. This chocolate lava cake is made in a microwave oven and uses your favourite dark chocolate for a moist fudge cake that packs a big chocolate punch. Now you can truly have your cake and eat it!
Tip: As microwave ovens differ in power and settings, you may have to adjust the power settings/timings to achieve the perfect consistency in your microwave oven.
(Makes 2 servings)
80g dark chocolate
30g all-purpose flour, sifted
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
6-8 squares of chocolate
- Place butter and chocolate into a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on medium for 60 sec until butter and chocolate are melted. Stir until butter and chocolate mixture is smooth
- Meanwhile, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla and egg together until combined.
- Then stir melted butter and chocolate into egg mixture until well combined.
- Divide batter equally into two microwaveable cups.
- Push 3-4 squares of chocolate into the center of each cup, until batter just covers the top of the squares
- Microwave on high for 60 sec. If the cake is still molten on the sides, add another 10 secs until the sides are cooked.
- Remove from microwave, cool slightly and dig in!