Easter Egg Nests
Easter is a Christian tradition celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. Over time, eggs were used during Easter to symbolise new life and new beginnings. Whatever it’s origins, there’s no denying that this chocolate Easter Egg Nest is a cute and delicious addition to your Easter celebrations. It 0nly requires 3 ingredients and is so easy to make that even your kids could do it. In fact, having your children make these is a great way to keep them occupied this long weekend!
We used All-Bran cereal because it is high in fibre, which makes this treat healthier. However, you can use any stick-shaped cereal that you like. Use a brand of chocolate you like to eat and here’s a tip: the darker the chocolate you use, the less sweet this treat will be.
Have fun making this fun treat at home. Happy Easter!
200g semi-sweet/dark chocolate
2 cups All-Bran cereal
48 mini chocolate eggs
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a simmering bain-marie.
- When chocolate is melted, gently stir in cereal and mix until cereal is evenly coated with chocolate
- Divide chocolate cereal mixture into 12 equal portions and press them into the bottoms and sides of a lined 12-hole muffin tin
- Chill until the chocolate has set, about 2 hours
- Top each nest with 4 mini eggs and remove muffin liners
- Serve and enjoy!