Durian season is here again! Make these super easy yet yummy Durian Pancakes featuring 100% pure Mao Shan Wang durian flesh encased in a thin pillowy coconut pancake. Hurry, make these before durian season is over!
(Makes 10 pancakes)
90g plain flour
40g rice flour
½ tsp baking powder
60g fine sugar
200ml coconut milk
300g durian flesh
- Sift plain flour, rice flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl
- Stir in sugar, coconut milk, and water until batter is smooth and there are no lumps. (If the batter is too thick, thin it out by stirring in 1 tablespoon of water at a time)
- Let batter rest for 30 minutes at room temperature, or overnight in the fridge.
- Before cooking pancakes, remove durian flesh from seeds and blend in a food processor until a puree is formed. Set aside.
- To cook pancakes, heat a non-stick skillet over low heat and grease with a little cooking oil
- Pour a ladle of batter onto the hot pan and cook until bubbles appear and the pancake is no longer wet
- Add a dollop of durian puree into the center of the pancake, fold in half and serve.