You don’t need to be a master chocolatier to make these simple and delicious Dark Chocolate Truffles. No need to temper chocolate or use fancy chocolate moulds either, all you need is your favourite bar of dark chocolate and whipping cream (33% fat). Customise your truffles by coating them with good-quality cocoa powder, desiccated coconut or toasted chopped nuts of your choice (peanuts, walnuts, pecans etc). These handmade gems are best consumed on the day they are made or stored in the fridge for a couple of days. Pack them in cute little paper boxes and they become sweet homemade gifts.
200g dark chocolate
100ml whipping cream
50g cocoa powder
50g desiccated coconut
50g toasted nuts, chopped
1. Bring cream to a simmer over low heat
2. Pour hot cream into a bowl filled with dark chocolate
3. Let the mixture sit for a minute before stirring it together until a smooth homogenous mixture is achieved.
4. Chill for 2-3 hours or until ganache is set
5. Using a melon baller dipped in hot water, scoop out balls of chocolate ganache
6. Roll ganache balls in cocoa powder or dessicated coconut or chopped walnuts to coat.