Cunard’s Luxury Fruit Scone
Looks like it won’t be anytime soon before we can resume cruise holidays, but Princess Cruises’s sister brand Cunard Lines has revealed their luxury fruit scone recipe so we can enjoy this classic afternoon tea treat at home.
Join us for a LIVE bake-along on FB LIVE this Saturday, 2pm (Singapore Time)! Gather your ingredients listed below and equipment needed, although if you don’t have all the tools necessary, we’ll show you how to improvise. So just come along for an afternoon of fun and let’s have tea together!
( Makes 12 scones)
25g baking powder
125g unsalted butter, cold
75g caster sugar
125ml whole milk
60g sultanas (or raisin, cranberries, nuts, chocolate chips)
2. Add the sultanas in and toss gently with fingers
3. Add three of the eggs and the milk, and mix until a soft dough comes together
4. Pat down on a lightly floured surface until smooth and leave to rest for 5 minutes
5. Roll dough out to 1 inch thickness with a rolling pin
6. Using a round cutter, cut the dough out and place onto a paper lined tray
7. Using the final egg, eggwash with the yolk and rest for a further ten minutes
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for approximately 12 minutes