Ahhh… the wonder of egg whites. Whisk them with sugar, add some colour, pop them in an oven and tadaaa, the wonderful creation we call baked meringues. Whether you’re making them for a baby shower, to adorn a cake, or to jazz up a dessert table, these pretty Confetti Meringue Kisses are going to add a splash of colour and whimsical fun. Customise them by using different food colours and different kinds of sprinkles — the options are limitless so get creative and share with us your creations!
(Makes 60 pieces)
100g egg whites (about 3 large)
100g icing sugar, sifted
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
Food colour gel/paste
White chocolate, melted
1) Preheat oven to 100 degree Celsius
2) Whip egg whites till foamy, gradually add in sugar and continue whipping till stiff peaks form.
3) Sift icing sugar and fold into egg whites mixture.
4) Add in vanilla and mix till well combined.
5) Divide meringue mixture into 3 bowls
6) Mix a different food colouring into each bowl
7) Transfer mixture into a piping bag with a round tip.
8) Pipe meringue kisses onto lined baking tray.
9) Bake at 100 degree Celsius for 40mins
10) Remove from oven and allow baked meringue kisses to cool
11) Dip the bottom of baked meringues in melted white chocolate and then coloured sprinkles
12) Serve and enjoy!