A stunning appetizer that tastes as good as it looks, this Blooming Garlic Bread is the perfect starter for sharing. Fragrant, crunchy, garlicky, buttery, melty, and cheesy… this modern take on this classic comfort food is known to make grown men arm wrestle around the table for the last piece. 😉
(Makes one 9″ round loaf)
1 loaf crusty bread
1 bulb garlic, minced
1 stalk spring onion, chopped
200g mozzarella cheese, sliced
120g salted butter, melted
- Add chopped garlic into melted butter. Set aside.
- Using a serrated knife, cut bread lengthwise about 1-inch apart without cutting the bottom. Then do the same widthwise.
- Place bread on a lined baking tray, then stuff mozzarella cheese into the slits that have been cut
- Pour garlic butter all over the bread and into slits. Sprinkle chopped spring onions over.
- Cover the bread with a piece of aluminium foil and bake at 180oC/350oF for 15 minutes.
- Remove the aluminium foil and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Cool slightly and enjoy warm!