Baileys Chocolate Mousse
There’s nothing more elegant yet simple than this Baileys Chocolate Mousse dessert. It is easy to make and can be prepared ahead for a dinner party. Plus, it’s gluten free so those with gluten allergies can also enjoy it!
(Makes 4 servings)
200g dark chocolate
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites
2 tablespoon sugar
100g Baileys irish cream
whipped cream or chocolate shavings or both (optional)
1. Over a double boiler, melt dark chocolate and butter.
2. Remove bowl from double boiler and quickly stir yolks into warm chocolate mixture. Mix till smooth and silky.
3. In a clean bowl, whip egg whites while gradually adding sugar until stiff peaks form.
4. Fold meringue into chocolate mixture.
5. Add baileys and mix till well combined.
6. Divide mousse into desired cups and chill in fridge for 3-4 hours, preferably overnight.
7. Serve with whipped cream and top with chocolate shavings